For centuries, sheep farmers and country folk have known that no natural or man-made fiber possesses the virtues of 100% sheepskin. The unique combination of leather skin on one side and wool fur on the other lends it remarkable properties. Cool in Summer and Warm in the Winter Sheepskin wool is soft and resilient. Its fibers breathe, acting like a natural thermostat for your body. These hollow fibers can absorb up to 30% of their own weight in moisture without feeling wet, keeping you perfectly dry regardless of the weather.| The Wonders of Wool
Ounce for ounce, sheepskin is stronger than steel. Your sheepskin items will last for years with minimal care: most often, only brushing, shaking out, or vacuuming is required. Impossible to copy synthetically, sheepskin and its wool fibers offer an astounding list of natural qualities.
* wool does not shed, because it's attached to the skin. It isn't woven and then brushed up, like wool pile fabric that is loose enough to be pulled out or worn off. Sheepskin wool is embedded into the leather.
* resists snags, tears, wrinkles, soiling and pilling.
* drapes beautifully; never sags and retains shape.
* is static-free.
* is flame resistant.
* is wind-proof.
* stays warm even when wet.
* is a natural moisturizer due to the high content of lanolin in the wool.
* is water resistant. The seeded skin side is naturally water resistant.
Sheepskin is a Recycled Byproduct
A sheepskin pelt is only one of many byproducts of the sheep farming industry. This byproduct of the food and wool industry is tanned and used in many wonderful ways rather than being discarded. At the end of a sheep's life, nothing is wasted. The whole animal is used, including bones and hooves. Sheepskin, like wood, is one of the few raw materials that nature will never exhaust. Its value as both a food source and a production material is therefore both aesthetic and ecological.
Please note that the sheep that make our products come primarily from herds raised for their food value rather than their hides. Sheepskin is a recycled byproduct and no endangered species skins are used in our products.
Sale Price: $149.95
Sale Price: $599.95
Sale Price: $59.95
Sale Price: $119.95
Sale Price: $479.96